Follow the advice from your country’s health authorities – this will be slightly different in each country depending on how many cases there are in your country.
There are things that everyone should do to limit their risk. If you have a heart condition, the following are important:
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Keep a two-metres distance from other individuals whenever possible.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.13
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or cough into the inside of your elbow.
- Cover your nose with a tissue when you sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean often touched surfaces like doorknobs, handles, steering wheels, or light switches, with a disinfectant to remove the virus.
- Stay at home as much as possible, including working from home if this is feasible.
- If you have symptoms of fever (a temperature of 37.8°C or above), cough or a chest infection you should self-isolate.
- In some countries you may be asked to follow a stricter isolation.